After finishing her studies on Ephemeral Architecture in Jerez de la Frontera, the Spanish soprano Máriam Guerra, went to Madrid to study Singing in the Escuela Superior de Canto de Madrid, where she graduated with the highest marks.
She has been awarded in several singing competitions such as “III Certamen Nacional de Lied “Fidela Campiña”, “Concurso internacional “La Brújula del Canto”, “Concurso OMEGA” Firenze (Italy), “Premio Camerata Sant Cugat de Canto 2017” and “Premio de la Fundación Clarós”.
She has received Master Classes from extraordinary professionals Natalie Dessay, Jessica Pratt, Ana Luisa Chova, Ainhoa Garmendia, Roberto Scandiuzzi, Ettore Papadia, Bruno de Simone, Christoph Ritter, Lamara Chkonia, Emelina López, Linus Lerner, Francisco Ortiz, Francesca Roig, and the master’s Daniel Muñoz and Manuel Burgueras with whom she continues perfecting her technic nowadays.
– Adina “L’Elisir d’amore” Donizetti, Dir Nicolae Dohotaru. “Riojaforum” of Logroño. Spain (2020)
– Gilda “Rigoletto” Verdi, Dir Nicolae Dohotaru. Congress Palace, Línea de la Concepción and “Riojaforum” of Logroño (Spain) 2019
– Frasquita “Carmen” Bizet. Dir Nicolae Dohotaru. Theater Zorrilla. Auditorium CAEM. Auditorium Palace of Culture of Almuñécar. (Spain) 2019
– “Miserere” H. Eslava. Dir José Ramón Hernández. Parish Church of Santiago of Jerez Fra. (Spain) 2019
– Königin der Nacht “Die Zauberflöte” Mozart. Dir Pascual Osa. National Auditorium of Music from Madrid (Spain) 2018
– “Carmina Burana” Orff. Dir. Felipe Aguirre. Congress Hall of “Palma de Mallorca” (Spain) 2018
– Ishtar “Gilgamesh” D. García Gallardo. Dir J. Miguel Román. Cloister of S. Domingo of Jerez Fra. (Spain) 2018
– “Carmina Burana” Orff. Dir. Enrique Muñoz. Theater Bergidum. (Spain) 2017
– Frasquita “Carmen” Bizet. Dir Michael Köhler. Chengdu Opera House (China) 2016
– Lucy “The Telephone” Menotti. Dir Mariano Rivas. Principal Theater of Zamora (Spain). 2016
– “Carmina Burana” Orff. Dir. Pedro Nebreda. Theater MIRA (Spain). 2016
– Berta “Il Barbiere di Siviglia” Rossini. Dir Nicola Paszkowski. Teatro Goldoni di Livorno, Fondazione Teatro Verdi di Pisa, Teatro Coccia Di Novara (Italy). 2015
– Königin der Nacht “Die Zauberflöte” Mozart. Dir P. Grenier. Ateneo Concert Hall. (Spain) 2015
– Le feu “L’enfant et les sortilèges” M. Ravel. Dir Sabas Calvillo. Theater ESCM (Spain) 2014
– Madame Herz “Der Schauspieldirektor” Mozart. Dir. Francisco Pérez. Theater ESCM (Spain) 2013
– Eumene “Vendado es amor, no es ciego” José de Nebra. Dir Sabas Calvillo. Theater ESCM (Spain) 2013
– Frasquita “Carmen” Bizet. Dir. Nayden Todorov. Auditorium Infanta Doña Cristina. Theater Romea. Theater Capitol. Auditorium of Zaragoza. Theater Alkazar. Municipal Theater Pedro Muñoz Seca. Auditorium Maestro Padilla. Concert Hall of Granada. (Spain) 2013
– Soprano I. “Stabat Mater” Boccherini. Dir C. Lírica. Theater de las Cigüeñas (Spain) 2013
– Soprano I. “Stabat Mater” Pergolesi. Dir R. Pans. Church de S. Mateo (Spain). 2012 La novizia “Suor Angelica” Puccini. Dir Enrique Patrón de Rueda. Theater Villamarta (Spain). 2005.
Among the most important recitals in which she has participated we could highlight the following: “SIEMENS Christmas Concert” together with the Choir, Orchestra and Ballet Filarmonía, conducted by Pascual Osa, at the National Music Auditorium in Madrid (Spain); “Anthology of Zarzuela” in the Alcazar de Jerez de la Frontera (Spain) and in the Plaza de la Asunción of the same town, the latter broadcast lives on Onda Jerez TV. Lyric Concert at the Mutua Madrileña Auditorium, “Opera, Zarzuela and Songs to Dream” at the CASYC Theater in Santander (Spain); “Great moments of Opera and Zarzuela” at the MIRA Theater in Pozuelo de Alarcón, (Madrid, Spain); “Lyric Solidarity Concert for Manos Unidas.” in the Auditorio Theater City of Alcobendas (Madrid); Recital in the Cloister of the Monastery of Sant Cugat del Vallès, (Barcelona, Spain), among others.
He has recorded for the mobile applications company “Touch of Classics” the arias of “Der Hölle Rache” Die Zauberflöte (Mozart) and “Les oiseaux dans la charmille” Les Contes D’Hoffmann (Offenbach)
“Rigoletto” Verdi. Riojaforum (Logroño, Spain)
“The third in the cast was the soprano Máriam Guerra, who triumphed with a beautiful Gilda. She delicately sang her ‘Caro nome’, finishing off all the agility required, she touched us in: ‘ Tutte le feste ai tempio’ and even more so in ‘Lassù in cielo’ dying in his father’s arms.”
La Rioja Newspaper. Eduardo Aisa
“Lyric Recital” Cloisters of Santo Domingo (Jerez Fra. Spain)
“In the Cloisters of Santo Domingo, she presented us with a very worked and pasted recital, both with the piano and with his companion in the opera and zarzuela duos of the program. In my opinion, I would highlight the magnificent interpretation she made of the well-known aria of ‘The Queen of the Night’ from the opera ‘Die Zauberflöte’ Mozart: ‘Der Hölle Rache’. And when it came to boarding the duos, she convinced me in ‘Dunque io son…’ of ‘Il Barbiere di Siviglia’, Rossini, and in ‘Por qué de mis ojos’, of the Zarzuela ‘La Revoltosa ‘ of R. Chapi. Very good.”
Jerez Newspaper. Jesús Sánchez Ferragut
“Il Barbiere di Siviglia” Rossini (Berta) Teatro Coccia Novara (Italy)
“… Berta, much more than effectively interpreted by Máriam Guerra Chamorro, who does not lose the opportunity to invite the other protagonists to play…”
Scrissi d’Arte. Renzo Bellardone